OUR HISTORY

In 1958 a small group of faithful people formed a church in a basement of a home in Lincoln Park, MI. The church was known as the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Park. In the Early 1960’s the church moved to it’s current location in Allen Park and changed the name to Southfield Road Baptist Church. Many church plants came from Southfield Road over the years and we continue to reach out today, seeking to help existing churches. From the early days until now we have been a mission minded church. In 2017 the Southfield Road Baptist Church has changed its unofficial name to the Road Church.
 
In June 2014 we called Pastor Timothy Jones to our church to help rebuild and reach the community here in the Greater Detroit are. He and his wife Gayle have a heart for ministry and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
We support the greater mission in our region and throughout the world by supporting the larger-scale work of our affiliates. We have a monthly missions offering to support the Greater Detroit Baptist Association as they reach out to other churches in our area.  Our Sunday morning study groups each sponsor a mission. We also continue to give to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention which serves a variety of ministries including international missions.